Sunday, October 31, 2010

New Tahoe Bouldering

Here is a new video from my friend Jesse Bonin detailing some of the notable recent ascents in Tahoe and some good oldies as well.

Tahoe Activity from Jesse Bonin on Vimeo.


The 2 V11s in this video are excellent climbs!

"Secret Weapon" is Mega. This climb is on the newly developed Frank Lucido boulder called the Ronin Boulder. I climbed there for the first time today and it was awesome! Volcanic bouldering at it's finest. I did 2 cool new first ascents: a V7 called "Hidden Dragon" that Jesse quickly repeated, and a super cool steep thuggy 2 move long dynamic climb called "The Last Samurai" that could be V7 as well.

After that, I did all the moves on "Secret Weapon" and did it in two overlapping sections. This climb is really quite fun on great holds. A 3-star line that I can't wait to send!

The Ronin Boulder is right off Hwy 4 in a drainage to the North of the True Value crag (~25 sport routs on andesite.) This crag is on the left 5-10 miles South of Markleeville, CA. You can almost see it from the road, but you'll definitely see the crag.

I also did a rad V9 at the Blitzen boulder the other day. Super cool. Amazing that none of this stuff is in any guidebook. (A bunch of us Tahoe guys are getting together and working on a guide!) Video to come.

Anyway, I'm going to Roy, NM for the next 3 weeks to see what the fuss is about. I will expose this area and have an in-depth report when I reutrn. Stay tuned!

Seek perfection of character, respect others & Try Hard. Noah as usual.

1 comment:

  1. good to see love handles go down - i remember many evening sessions brushing and working that boulder in the summer of '03. Quite a visionary boulder for being completely covered in moss. One day unexpectedly an enormous tree fell on the way to the boulder! I know I'm not the only one who note this, but it made for a remarkable approach...

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?