Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Jordan and Amanda visit Tahoe



Recently, my brother Jordan and his girlfriend Amanda came to visit us in this little piece of heaven on Earth...  Needless to say we golfed and fished just about everyday.  The end result was me investing in a fly rod.  I had gone really hard at climbing the week before Jordan and Amanda's visit, touring the Mountain hardware team around the Way Lake bouldering area in Mammoth, CA.  I split a tip pretty bad almost repeating Wills Young's epic Wavecatcher problem (I have done this climb before.)  One of my best friends, Matt, managed to complete the problem; check it out:



Soooo.... A week of fishing and golf were just what the doctor ordered!

The last week, I have been climbing again, trying to shed some fat from the time off and the crazy sushi dinners.  I have been to Sugarpine 3 and 5 developing first ascents with the West Shore boyz.  Dave Hatchett & Co. are super fun to climb with.  Dave is the main developer of Sugarpine, which now has over 150 boulders and 620 boulder problems of every type imaginable. SP1 & 2 are the biggest so far, but it's stacked everywhere.  Best area in Tahoe BY FAR...

For the next 2 weeks, we will be living in the Yosemite house behind the medical clinic.  Hopefully it's not too hot, but if it is, we'll do classics and climb the Muir tree a bunch.  Can't complain about 2 weeks in the valley.

Take care, everyone!

Seek perfection of character, respect others & Try Hard. Noah as usual

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are you thinking?